FLIC Fellowship is a programme for publishers and agents who have a special interest in selling and buying rights and know deeper the Spanish Publishing Market in Children and YA literature.
For 4 days a small group of publishers and agents are invited to visit La Feria del Libro de Madrid, to celebrate meetings with Spanish publishers and enjoy an immersive cultural programme related to books and reading in Madrid.
FLIC Fellowship is an opportunity to learn about the Spanish children’s publishing market through valuable first-hand information, extend your network of international partners with a four-day program with a B2B meetings and cultural events relate books and literature during the Madrid bookfair.
WHO CAN APPLY?
International Publishers of Children Young Literature with an interest in the Spanish market in buying and selling children’s book copyright.
DATES AND AGENDA | 01 - 04 June 2022
Welcome and warm-up. Settle down, meet the other fellows and the team that will take care of you during your stay.
- Meetings between publishers
- Visit, bookstores, and libraries
- Visiting the book faire
- Meeting literary cultural agents
- In between a few walks to get a pulse of the city
- A return ticket in economy class to travel to Madrid
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation
4 to 20 February
- Social Media and web links
- Motivations to apply
Selection period ends the 30th April 2022
International Publishers who have participated in the 2021 edition:
- Manuel Rud and Lulu Kirschenbaum, Limonero (Argentina)
- Jenni Erkintalo and Reka Kiraly, Etana Editions (Finland)
- Aksel Koie, Piboco (Denmark)
- Mª Fernanda Paz Castillo, Cataplum Libros (Colombia)
- Akoss Ofori Mensah, Sub-Saharan Publishers (Ghana)
- Daniel Blanco Pantoja, Erdosain Ediciones (Chile)
- Andrea Nasaan, Nord Süd Verlag (Switzerland)
- Vera Navrátil Picún, Ludosóficos (Uruguai)
- André Letria, Pato Lógico (Portugal)
- María Carreño, Babel Libros (Colombia)
- Gabriela Bracklo, Editions Bracklo (Germany)
- Inés Silva, Maquina de Voar and Monsieur Ed. (Portugal and Canada)
- Adélia Carvalho, Tcharan Editora (Portugal).